Few storytellers can jump back-and-forth between genres with such ease, yet George Miller is the mind equally responsible for the Mad Max films and Babe. This year, Miller went to a particularly fascinating place by examining the significance of stories in his fantastical Three Thousand Years of Longing, starring Idris Elba as a djinn and Tilda Swinton as the narratologist who freed him. Courtesy of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, EoM has one (1) Blu-ray/digital combo to giveaway to one lucky winner.
Be advised that the home release image and slilpcover for Three Thousand Years of Longing state that a DVD is included with the Blu-ray, but it only includes the Blu-ray and a digital code.
Giveaway runs until Monday, November 14th, at 11:59 PM EDT.
What would you wish for?
Dr. Alithea Binnie (Tilda Swinton) is an academic – content with life and a creature of reason. While in Istanbul attending a conference, she happens to encounter a Djinn (Idris Elba) who offers her three wishes in exchange for his freedom. This presents two problems. First, she doubts that he is real and second, because she is a scholar of story and mythology, she knows all the cautionary tales of wishes gone wrong. The Djinn pleads his case by telling her fantastical stories of his past. Eventually she is beguiled and makes a wish that surprises them both.
Available on digital November 4th, 2022.
Available on 4K UHD and Blu-ray November 15th, 2022.
For more information, head to United Artist Releasing’s official Three Thousand Years of Longing webpage.
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Monday, November 14th, at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- One (1) selected winner will be awarded with one (1) Blu-ray copy of Three Thousand Years of Longing.
- Despite the home release image and slipcover stating that a DVD is included, there is no DVD in the home release Blu-ray copy. Elements of Madness is not responsible for the mislabeling on the slipcover or marketing. The home release copy provided includes a Blu-ray and a digital copy only.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live in the contiguous United States, Alaska, or Hawaii. Elements of Madness does not ship internationally.
- Information collected during the giveaway will not be shared or disseminated outside EoM.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
The contest is now closed. The winner will be contacted.