In 2019, horror streaming service Shudder premiered the incredible documentary Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror, directed by Xavier Burgin, co-produced by Tananarive Due (instructor of Sunken Place Class), and inspired by Dr. Robin R. Means Coleman’s book. On February 2nd, 2021, that documentary will receive a physical release on Blu-ray and DVD. Want to win a copy? Thanks to a partnership with RLJE Films, you can enter to win one (1) Blu-ray copy of Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror. Trust us when we say that you don’t want to miss out on this doc.
Giveaway runs until Friday, January 29th, at 11:59pm EST.
Based on the acclaimed book of the same name by Dr. Robin R. Means Coleman, Horror Noire takes a critical look at a century of genre films that by turns utilized, caricatured, exploited, sidelined, and embraced both black filmmakers and black audiences.
Featuring interviews with Ernest Dickerson (Bones), Rusty Cundieff (Tales from the Hood), Jordan Peele (Us), Tina Mabry (Mississippi Damned), Tony Todd (Candyman), Paula Jai Parker (Tales from the Hood), Tananarive Due (My Soul to Keep), and Dr. Robin R. Means Coleman.
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Friday, January 29th at 11:59 PM EST. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- One (1) selected winner will be awarded with one (1) Blu-ray of Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror.
- Participants understand that the Blu-ray is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- The winner is solely responsible for receipt of the Blu-ray once it is sent to the winner and not to share it with others or misuse it and deprive others from redeeming their prize.
- Winners must live in the contiguous United States. Elements of Madness does not ship internationally.
- The winner will have two (2) weeks to claim their prize or it will be forfeited and given to another entrant.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- Members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
The contest is now closed. The winner will be contacted.