What began with Ted Healy and Moe Howard as an American vaudeville troupe transformed over the years, with members changing in and out, into The Three Stooges. As a collective, they performed from the 1920s into the 1970s, releasing a variety of short films and television episodes, when not on the road. Now, thanks to a partnership between CineMuseum and Kit Parker Films, over eight hours of Stooges material is gather in one place via the multi-disc collection Stooge-O-Rama: The Men Behind The Mayhem And Even More Mayhem!, releasing on July 11th. Due to the generosity of MVD Entertainment Group, EoM is giving away one (1) Blu-ray edition of the Stooge-O-Rama collection to one lucky individual. Submit an entry before time runs out for a chance to win.
Giveaway runs until Monday, July 17th, at 11:59p EDT.
Stooge-O-Rama Special Features:
- Includes the award-winning documentary program STOOGES: THE MEN BEHIND THE MAYHEM, with new introduction by Curly Howard’s real-life grandson, Bradley Server
- Introduction from Bradley “Curly G” Server (Curly Howard’s youngest grandson)
- Long unseen short subject EVERYBODY LIKES MUSIC (1934) starring Shemp Howard
- Extended interviews with Lyla Fine Budnick (Larry Fine’s sister), Nate Budnick (Stooges stage show sound man), Billy West, Lola Jensen and more!
- Unaired Commercial Bumps (1992)
- Photo Galleries: Lyla Fine Personal Scrapbook & Stooge Memorabilia
- Fox Movietone News – Sound newsreel outtakes featuring the earliest known film footage of Moe & Shemp Howard (Aug 6, 1929)
- Stooge Home Movies – Ultra rare B&W / color snippets of the Stooges at work and play (1920s – 1960s)
- Everybody Likes Music (March 9, 1934) Long unavailable Shemp Howard Van Beuren short
- Surprise, Surprise (October 31, 1937) Lost theatrical featurette, with Moe, Larry & Curly, promoting their Pillsbury Projector toy giveaway.
- Ed Wynn Camel Comedy Caravan – Complete TV Kinescope (March 11, 1950)
- Andy Wade’s California Home Movies (July 1956) Extraordinary home movie reel featuring color footage of Moe, Larry & Joe Besser clowning at Columbia Pictures, the last known footage Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy, and more!
- On The Go (April 15, 1960) The complete TV interview with Moe, Larry & Curly Joe DeRita
- Strictly For Laffs (July 1, 1962) – Complete TV Pilot featuring Moe Howard.
- Star Spangled Salesman (Feb 9, 1968) Government PSA for Savings Bonds
- Kook’s Tour Outtakes (Dec 7, 1969) Unseen color outtakes from their final film!
- Joe DeRita Interview (1976) Sound home movie footage with historian Randy Skretvedt
- The Funniest Guys in The World – Documentary Outtake Reel (1983) Director Mark Gilman’s interview outtakes and workprint featuring Ted Healy’s replacement stooges Paul “Mousie” Garner, Jack Wolf & Dick Hakins and more!
- Mousie – Live at the 3 Stooges Convention (1994)
- Commercial and promotional spots: Instant Simonize (March 15, 1960), Don Lamond – KTTV TV-11 Los Angeles (1961), Mr. Poplolly – Cartoonerville Trolley promo – WJZ TV-13 Baltimore (circa 1961), 2 Dickie’s Work Clothes spots (March 31, 1969) and more!
- Movie Trailers and Coming Attractions
- Archival Audio Recordings
- “No Census, No Feeling” – Modern short subject featuring comedians Shwartzy and Pagana, and Curly G
- Curly G Meets Shemp’s great granddaughter Chandler Isaac
- …and much more!
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Monday, July 17th, 2023, at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- One (1) selected winner will be awarded with one (1) Blu-ray copy of Stooge O-Rama.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live in the contiguous United States, Alaska, or Hawaii. Elements of Madness does not ship internationally.
- Information collected during the giveaway will not be shared or disseminated and will only be used to mail the Blu-ray to selected winners.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
The contest is now closed. The winner will be contacted.