In celebration of the 80th anniversary of Casablanca, Michael Curtiz’s Oscar-winning war drama featuring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, Warner Bros. Pictures is releasing the film for the first-time on 4K UHD with HDR. I know you’re shocked *shocked* to discover a giveaway going on at Elements of Madness, but it’s thanks to the kindness of WB Pictures that we’re giving away one (1) 4K UHD copy of Casablanca. Want a chance to win it? Enter before time runs out.
Giveaway runs until Sunday, November 6th, at 11:59 PM EDT.
Academy Award winners Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman light up the screen in one of the most enduring romances in movie history–Casablanca. Rick Blaine (Bogart–The African Queen, The Caine Mutiny) owns a nightclub in Vichy-controlled Casablanca, frequented by refugees desperate to escape German domination. Despite the ever-present human misery, Rick manages to remain uninvolved in World War II now raging across Europe and Northern Africa. But all that changes when Ilsa Lund (Bergman–Gaslight, Notorious) walks through the front door of Rick’s club–Rick must now choose between a life with the woman he loves and becoming the hero that both she and the world need.
Casablanca Ultra HD Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray disc and Digital contain the following previously released special features:
- Commentary by Roger Ebert
- Commentary by Rudy Behlmer
- Introduction by Lauren Bacall
Casablanca Blu-ray disc and Digital contain the following previously released special features:
- Warner Night at the Movies
- Now, Voyager trailer
- Vaudeville Days (1942 WB short)
- The Bird Came C.O.D. (1942 WB cartoon)
- The Squawkin’ Hawk (1942 WB cartoon)
- The Dover Boys at Pimento University (1942 WB cartoon)
- Great Performances: Bacall on Bogart (1988 PBS special)
- Michael Curtiz: The Greatest Director You’ve Never Heard Of
- Casablanca: An Unlikely Classic
- You Must Remember This: A Tribute to Casablanca (1992 TEC documentary)
- As Time Goes By: The Children Remember
- Deleted Scenes
- Who Holds Tomorrow? (1955 “Casablanca” TV episode)
- Carrotblanca (1955 WB Cartoon)
- Scoring Stage Sessions (audio only)
- Lady Esther Screen Guild Theater Radio Broadcast – 4/26/43 (audio only)
- Vox Pop Radio Broadcast – 11/19/47 (audio only)
Available on 4K UHD Blu-ray and digital November 8th, 2022.
For more information, head to Warner Bros. Pictures’s official Casablanca webpage.
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Sunday, November 6th, at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- One (1) selected winner will be awarded with one (1) 4K Blu-ray copy of Casablanca.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live in the contiguous United States, Alaska, or Hawaii. Elements of Madness does not ship internationally.
- Information collected during the giveaway will not be shared or disseminated outside EoM.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
The contest is now closed. The winner will be contacted.
Leave a Reply