In 1978, writer/director John Carpenter and co-writer Debra Hill unknowingly began one of the most beloved series in horror/slasher history. In 2018, director David Gordon Green continued the story Carpenter and Hill began with their same-titled follow-up Halloween. This direct sequel was just the start of a brand new trilogy of films, the 2021 release Halloween Kills and the (hopefully-to-be released) 2022 Halloween Ends. But before it ends, audiences can relive the night that Haddonfield tried to take back its city from the seemingly unstoppable monster that is Michael Myers. Thanks to Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, EoM has one (1) 4K UHD copy of Halloween Kills to giveaway in support of the home release. Want to bring evil home? Fill out the form for your chance to do so.
Giveaway runs until Monday, January 10th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Minutes after Laurie Strode (Curtis), her daughter Karen (Judy Greer) and granddaughter Allyson (Andi Matichak) left masked monster Michael Myers caged and burning in Laurie’s basement, Laurie is rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, believing she finally killed her lifelong tormentor.
But when Michael manages to free himself from Laurie’s trap, his ritual bloodbath resumes. As Laurie fights her pain and prepares to defend herself against him, she inspires all of Haddonfield to rise up against their unstoppable monster.
The Strode women join a group of other survivors of Michael’s first rampage who decide to take matters into their own hands, forming a vigilante mob that sets out to hunt Michael down, once and for all.
Evil dies tonight.
Available on digital December 14th, 2021.
Available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD January 11th, 2022.
Halloween Kills Special Features:
- GAG REEL
- DELETED/EXTENDED SCENES
- HADDONFIELD’S OPEN WOUNDS – Those who die at the hands of Michael Myers are not his only victims. We look at some of the returning characters, and why their past traumatic encounters with The Shape made them natural candidates to try and defend Haddonfield against him.
- THE KILL TEAM – It takes a big team to create a film the scale of Halloween Kills, especially when part of the task is raising the bar for Michael’s gruesome kills. We hear the people behind the mayhem discuss how they continue to push the franchise to new heights.
- STRODE FAMILY VALUES – Filmmakers and cast discuss the three generations of Strode women that have been terrorized by The Shape, and the roles Laurie, Karen and Allyson play in trying to vanquish his evil.
- 1978 TRANSFORMATIONS – Shooting new footage that matches the feel of the iconic 1978 footage is no easy task, and even takes a little bit of luck. We reveal some of the secrets of how filmmakers achieved these stunning sequences.
- THE POWER OF FEAR – The impact of Michael Myers’ pure evil extends far beyond his victims. We examine how fear of The Shape changed the psychology of the people of Haddonfield.
- KILL COUNT
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Director/co-writer David Gordon Green and stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Judy Greer
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Monday, January 10th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- One (1) selected winner will be awarded with one (1) 4K UHD copy of Halloween Kills.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live in the contiguous United States, Alaska, or Hawaii. Elements of Madness does not ship internationally.
- Information collected during the giveaway will only be shared or disseminated to the official Universal Pictures representative for shipping purposes.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
Contest is now closed. Winner will be contacted.