Earlier this year, DreamWorks Animation invited audiences to change their perception of the legendary kraken via director Kirk DeMicco’s coming-of-age tale Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken. Now, you can go on this adventure at home via the digital release (available now) and the upcoming physical release in September. Courtesy of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, EoM is giving away two (2) digital codes for Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, and you don’t have to undergo any special training or battle your nemesis for a chance to win one. All you need to do is submit an entry before time runs out.
Giveaway runs until Thursday, September 7th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Sometimes the hero you are meant to be lies just beneath the surface.
This summer, DreamWorks Animation dives into the turbulent waters of high school with a hilarious, heartfelt action comedy about a shy teenager who discovers that she’s part of a legendary royal lineage of mythical sea krakens and that her destiny, in the depths of the oceans, is bigger than she ever dreamed.
Sweet, awkward 16-year-old Ruby Gillman (Lana Condor, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” franchise) is desperate to fit in at Oceanside High, but she mostly just feels invisible.
She’s math-tutoring her skater-boy crush (Jaboukie Young-White, “Ralph Breaks the Internet”), who only seems to admire her for her fractals, and she’s prevented from hanging out with the cool kids at the beach because her over-protective supermom (Oscar® nominee Toni Collette, “Knives Out”), has forbade Ruby from ever getting in the water.
But when she breaks her mom’s #1 rule, Ruby will discover that she is a direct descendant of the warrior Kraken queens and is destined to inherit the throne from her commanding grandmother (Academy Award® winner Jane Fonda), the Warrior Queen of the Seven Seas.
The Kraken are sworn to protect the oceans of the world against the vain, power-hungry mermaids who have been battling with the Kraken for eons. There’s one major, and immediate, problem with that: The school’s beautiful, popular new girl, Chelsea (Emmy winner Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek) just happens to be a mermaid. Ruby will ultimately need to embrace who she is and go big to protect those she loves most.
Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken Special Features:
- DELETED SCENES WITH INTROS – Introductions by Co-Director Faryn Pearl
- WALK TO SCHOOL
- CRAB ‘N SKATE
- OCEANSIDE DRAWING GUIDE – Head of story, Glenn Harmon, will teach everyone how to draw Ruby Gillman in her teenager and kraken forms, Grandmamah, Chelsea, and mermaid Chelsea.
- RUBY GILLMAN
- KRAKEN RUBY
- CHELSEA VAN DER ZEE
- MERMAID CHELSEA
- MAKE YOUR OWN AQUARIUM – With a few simple products and a little imagination, you can bring the undersea world into your own home.
- WELL OF SEAS
- SQUAD SOLIDARITY: ADVENTURES IN ADR
- THE KRAKEN: MYTH OR MONSTER – In this animated piece narrated by Lana Condor and Annie Murphy, we dive deep into the mysteries of krakens and discover how stories of these mythical beasts have evolved over hundreds and hundreds of years.
- MEET THE GILLMAN CAST – Meet the cast behind your favorite RUBY GILLMAN, TEENAGE KRAKEN characters and discover what they loved about lending their voices to this aquatic adventure!
- THE KRAKEN KREW: MEET THE HUMANS BEHIND THE GILLMANS
- PROM STORIES – Ruby’s greatest wish was to attend prom with her friends and crush Connor! Here, the cast of the movie share their own prom stories and explain how they would design a promposal.
- SUPER SEA GIRL BESTIES – If you can see it, you can be it! In this piece we meet the talented women involved in the making of RUBY GILLMAN, TEENAGE KRAKEN.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – with Director Kirk DeMicco, Co-Director Faryn Pearl, Producer Kelly Cooney Cilella, Head of Character Animation Carlos Fernandez Puertolas and Head of Cinematography, Layout Jon Gutman.
Available on digital August 29th, 2023.
Available on Blu-ray and DVD September 26th, 2023.
For more information, head to the official Universal Pictures Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken website.
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Thursday, September 7th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- Two (s) selected winners will be awarded with one (1) digital copy each of Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live within the service area of MoviesAnywhere digital service.
- Information collected during the giveaway will not shared or disseminated outside parties.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
The contest is now closed. The winners will be contacted.