No one does it like thrash metal band Gwar. No one. There are imitators, there are impressionists, and there are copycats, but none can hold a candle to the band that’s been “spilling blood” on stage since 1984. Thanks to documentarian Scott Barber’s film This Is GWAR, fans and non-fans alike can get to know the mythic band like never before. After hitting the festival circuit for a while and premiering on Shudder July 21st, 2022, This Is GWAR is coming available to own on October 25th and, thanks to the awesome folks at Shudder, we’re giving away two (2) Blu-ray copies to two lucky bohabs (or normies, we don’t judge).
Giveaway runs until Monday, October 24th, at 11:59 PM EDT.
The powerful story of the most iconic heavy metal/art collective/monster band in the universe, as told by the humans who have fought to keep it alive for over thirty years. The feature documentary includes interviews with members of GWAR, both past and present, as well as other artists including Weird Al Yankovic, Thomas Lennnon, Alex Winter, Bam Margera, and Ethan Embry, also including never before seen footage of legendary GWAR frontman Dave Brockie.
Available on Blu-ray, DVD, VOD, and digital October 25th, 2022.
This Is GWAR Special Features:
- A Message from the Scumdogs of the Universe
- Behind the Scenes of a GWAR show
- Four Pillars of GWAR
- GWAR From the Outside
- GWAR on Empire Records
- Last Interview with Dave Brockie
- Slave Pit Walk Through with Michael Bishop
- The Legend of GWAR
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Monday, October 24th, at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- Two (2) selected winners will be awarded with one (1) Blu-ray copy of This Is GWAR each.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live in the contiguous United States, Alaska, or Hawaii. Elements of Madness does not ship internationally.
- Information collected during the giveaway will only be shared or disseminated to the official Shudder Films representative for shipping purposes.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
This contest is now closed. Winners will be contacted.
Lol, I’m in the Greater Charlotte Area, the city that banned Gwar. There are few bands that I saw, Um…No, just NO. Gwar is one of them. 😉