Between 2002 and 2017, there have been six Resident Evil films, each one starring Milla Jovovich, each one seemingly going deeper into the lore of the games. Except, they were really just action/adventure films dressed in horror. Attempting to reboot the entire cinematic series, 2021 saw the release of Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City, written and directed by Johannes Roberts and starring a brand-new cast of series favorites. EoM senior contributor Hunter Heilman raved about the film in his recent 4-star review and now it’s your time to see for yourself. Thanks to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, we’re giving away one (1) 4K UHD edition of Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City. Feel like testing your mettle? Fill out the form below.
Giveaway runs until Monday, February 21st, at 11:59 PM EDT.
Returning to the origins of the massively popular Resident Evil franchise, fan and filmmaker Johannes Roberts brings the games to life for a whole new generation of fans. In Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company’s exodus left the city a wasteland…with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, a group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night.
Available on digital January 18th, 2022.
Available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD February 8th, 2022.
For more information, head to the official Resident Evil website.
Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and digital Special Features:
- Replicating The DNA: A short featurette about how Roberts and the cast approached adapting the Resident Evil game faithfully while also placing their own stamp on things. This is where I got the real confirmation about how much Roberts really cared about this material.
- Cops, Corpses and Chaos: Another short featurette detailing much of the same information as the previous featurette.
- Zombies, Lickers, and the horrors of Resident Evil: A small dive into the makeup and visual effects work of the film. This is where I got a little bummed when they showed just how much of the film was digitally rendered, leading to many of the less than stellar effects.
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Monday, February 21st, at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- One (1) selected winner will be awarded with one (1) 4K UHD Blu-ray copy of Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live in the contiguous United States, Alaska, or Hawaii. Elements of Madness does not ship internationally.
- Information collected during the giveaway will not be shared or disseminated to third-parties.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
Contest is now closed. The winner will be contacted.