Of the Phase Four MCU films released thus far, Destin Daniel Cretton’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings remains my favorite of the bunch. As such, when the opportunity arose to snag the physical 4K UHD release on sale, I took it because my preference is always for physical formats of the films I enjoy. As a result, I have an extra 4K UHD digital code and have decided to give it away to one lucky individual!
To make things more interesting, I’ve decided to include a trivia portion to this giveaway in honor of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. In order to win the digital code, one lucky winner must also guess the answer to the following question: In the summer of 2000, I purchased my very first DVD player and two DVDs at the same time. One film was Antonio Banderas’s Desperado and the other was what Jackie Chan film?
I’ve spoken about this on various episodes of The Cine-Men and Meet Me at the Movies, so this is public knowledge. First person to answer correctly wins, but you have to submit your answer before the deadline.
Giveaway runs until Tuesday, May 31st, at 11:59 PM EDT.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings stars Simu Liu as Shang-Chi, who must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization. The film also stars Tony Leung as Wenwu, Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy and Michelle Yeoh as Jiang Nan, as well as Fala Chen, Meng’er Zhang, Florian Munteanu and Ronny Chieng.
Available on digital November 12th, 2021.
Available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD November 30th, 2021.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Special Features:
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham. (2:12:21)
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. (8:53)
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu. (7:28)
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings. (2:11)
- Eleven (11) Deleted Scenes (15:03)
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
Rules of the Contest
- To enter – fill out the contest form below and submit before Thursday, May 31st, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT. Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older to win.
- Winners will be notified via email after the close of the contest.
- One (1) selected winner will be awarded with one (1) digital copy of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
- Participants understand that the prize is not the responsibility of Elements of Madness.
- Winners must live wherever MoviesAnywhere is accessible.
- Information collected during the giveaway will not be shared or disseminated anyone and will only be used for the purpose of sending prize directly to the winner.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or other items.
- Prize cannot be swapped or traded for anything else.
- EoM not responsible for prizes lost to the Spam filter.
- Current members of EoM staff or their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
Contest is now closed. The winner will be contacted.